Serving the transportation industry for over 80 years has allowed us to develop an in-depth understanding of the issues and changes facing the transportation industry. It is this understanding and reputation that position Peter Shannon & Co. to deliver results to our transportation industry clients.
Peter Shannon & Co. works with motor carriers, fleet owners, owner operators, truck repair and services facilities. Peter Shannon & Co. can help by answering the following questions:
- Should I use owner-operator, leased or company-owned equipment?
- How can I determine, analyze and control profitability through use of a formal budgeting process?
- In what states should I be filing income tax returns?
- How can I improve my operating ratio?
- What are the tax and cash-flow consequences of my expansion plan and the best alternative for financing it?
- How can I increase efficiency in my overall operation?
We work closely with our transportation clients to develop effective strategies and apply accounting concepts and financial techniques. Clients benefit from timely advice on the impact of tax laws on their operations.
Overview of Services for the Transportation Industry
- Tax planning
- Business planning services
- Employee benefit plan consulting
- Lease vs. purchase analysis